The Lake George Club was formally organized and received its certificate of incorporation on November 16, 1908. Nine months later a clubhouse had been built and docks, tennis courts and a nine hole golf course were in place.
The Club opened its doors on August 14th, 1909 with its first and only Superintendent, Mr. Emil Strand and his bride, to welcome the members. Mr. Strand served the members for fifty-four years until he retired in 1963. Each spring he grew the white petunias which graced the Clubhouse. We keep this tradition as a tribute to his long and dedicated service.
>> More about the History of the Lake George Club